Basic questions for lesson design:
1. What skill do your kids need to build right now?
2. Why is it worth learning, beyond the world of the classroom?
3. How do you do practice this skill already? What do you have to know or be able to do in order to use this skill? See sample task analysis here .
4. Where (if anywhere) might your kids already be practicing some part of this skill?
5. What teaching tools can you use to help kids learn this skill (e.g. up/down/both/why or contrasting cases)?
6. What texts will lend themselves to helping kids practice this skill?
6. How will you know (and how will the kids know) what they can do?